1. Zhang, T., L. Li and B. Zheng, Estimation of agricultural soil properties with imaging and laboratory spectroscopy, Geoderma, submitted, 2010.
2. Zheng, B., L. Li, G. M. Filippelli and P. A. Jacinthe, Using Laboratory, Field, and Satellite Reflectance Data to Estimate Soil Properties, Soil Science Society of America Journal, conditionally accepted, 2010.
3. Gu, Z. J., X. Z. Shi, L. Li, D.S. Yu, Y. M. Liu, L. S. Liu , W. T. Zhang, Using multi-dimensional vegetation index to estimate leaf area index from multiple radiometric correction spot 5 images, International Journal of Remote Sensing, in press, 2010.
4. Li, L., R. Sengpiel, D. L. Pascual, L. P. Tedesco, J. S. Wilson, and E. Soyeux, Using hyperspectral remote sensing to estimate chlorophyll a and phycocyanin in a mesotrophic reservoir, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 31(15),4147-4162, 2010.
5. Pandit, C., G. Filippelli, L. Li, An estimation of heavy metal contamination in soil using reflectance spectroscopy and partial least squares regression, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 31(15),4111-4123, 2010.
6. Gu, Z. J., Z. Y. Zeng, X. Z. Shi, L. Li, D. C. Weindorf ,Y. Zha, D.S. Yu, A calculation model for estimating total forest coverage from digital photography measurements, Pedosphere, 20:318-325, 2010.
7. Gu, Z. J., Z. Y. Zeng, X. Z. Shi, L. Li, D. S. Yu, W. Zheng, Z. L. Zhang, and Z. F. Hu, Assessing factors influencing vegetation coverage calculation with remote sensing imagery, International Journal of Remote Sensing, 30(10), 2479-2489, 2009.
8. Li, L., Partial least squares methods for spectrally estimating lunar soil FeO abundance: a stratified approach to revealing nonlinear effect and qualitative interpretation, Journal of Geophysical Research-Planets, 113, dio:10.1029/2008JE003213, 2008a.
9. Randolph, R., J. Wilson, L. Tedesco, L. Li, and E. Soyeux, Hyperspectral remote sensing of cyanobacteria in turbid inland water using optically active pigments, chlorophyll a and phycocyanin, Remote Sensing of Environment, 12(11):4009-4019, 2008.
10. Li, L., S. L. Ustin, X. T. Hu and D. Riaño Retrieval of vegetation equivalent water thickness from reflectance using genetic algorithm (GA)-partial least squares (PLS) regression, Advances in Space Research, 41:1755-1763, 2008.
11. Li, L., Quantifying lunar soil composition with partial least squares modeling of reflectance, Advances in Space Research, 42(2):267-274, doi:10.1016/j.asr.2007.06.018, 2008b.
12. Zha, Y., and L. Li, Influence of dust storms on MODIS data for land cover identification, Journal of Geophysical Research-Planets, vol. 112, D14205, doi:10.1029/2006JD007869, 2007.
13. Li, L., S. L. Ustin and D. Riaño, Retrieval of fresh leaf fuel moisture content using genetic algorithm ¨C partial least squares modeling (GA-PLS), IEEE Transaction on Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters, 4(2):216-220, 2007.
14. Li, L., Partial least squares modeling to quantify lunar soil composition with hyperspectral reflectance measurements, Journal of Geophysical Research-Planets, 111, E04002, doi:10.1029/2005JE002598, 2006.
15. Li, L., S. L. Ustin and M. Lay, Mapping vegetation of costal salt marsh with multiple endmember spectral mixture analysis (MESMA) of hyperspectral AVIRIS imagery (Invited), International Journal of Remote Sensing, 26:5193-5207, 2005a.
16. Li, L., and J. F. Mustard, On lateral mixing efficiency of lunar regolith, Journal of Geophysical Research-Planets, 110, E11002, doi:10.1029/2004JE002295, 2005b.
17. Li, L., S. L. Ustin and M. Lay, Application of AVIRIS data in detection oil-induced vegetation stress and land cover change at Jornada, New Mexico, Remote Sensing of Environment , 94,1-16, 2005c.
18. Whiting, M. L., L. Li and S. L. Ustin, Predicting water content using Gaussian model on soil spectra, Remote Sensing of Environment, 89: 535-552, 2004.
19. Li, L., and J. F. Mustard, Highland contamination in lunar mare soils: Improved mapping with multiple endmember spectral mixture analysis(MESMA), J. Geophys. Res., 108:7-1 to 7-14, 2003.
20. Li, L. and J. F. Mustard, Compositional gradients across mare-highland contact: The importance and geological implication of lateral transport, J. Geophys. Res., 105:20,431-20,450, 2000.
21. Mustard, J. F., L. Li, and G. He, Nonlinear spectral mixture modeling of lunar multispectral data: Implications for lateral transport, J. Geophys. Res., 103:19,519-19,425, 1998.
Full Papers in Conference Proceedings
22. Song, K., D. Liu, L. Li, Z. Wang, Y. Wang, G.Jiang, Spectral Absorption Properties of Colored Dissolved Organic Matter (CDOM) and Total Suspended Matter (TSM) of Inland Waters, Proc. of SPIE, San Diego, Aug. 1-5, 2010.
23. Song ,K.., J. Wu, L. Li, Z. Wang, D. Lu, J. Du , B. Zhang, MODIS-Derived Atmospheric Water Vapor Content and Its Correlation to Land Use and Land Cover in Northeast China, Proc. of SPIE, San Diego, Aug. 1-5, 2010.
24. L. Li, L. Li, and K. Song, A Bio-optical Approach to Estimating Chlorophyll-a Concentration from Hyperspectral Remote Sensing, Proc. of SPIE, San Diego, Aug. 1-5 2010.
25. Robertson, A. L., L. Li, L. Tedesco, J. Wilson and E. Soyeux, Using a partial least squares (PLS) method for estimating cyanobacterial pigments in eutrophic inland waters, Proc. of SPIE, vol. 7454,745408, 2009.
26. Zhang, T., L. Li and B. Zheng, Partial least squares modeling of Hyperion image spectra for mapping agricultural soil properties, Proc. of SPIE, vol. 7454,74540P, 2009.
27. Jiang, Z., L. Li and S. L. Ustin, Estimation of canopy water content with MODIS spectral index, Proc. of SPIE, vol. 7454,74540V, 2009.
28. Zhan, J., Y. Zha and L. Li, Impact of Normalization Intervals for Hyperspectral Reflectance on Estimation of Chlorophyll-a in Lake Tai, China, Proceedings of ICBBE: Environmental Pollution and Public Health Track (EPPH2008), May 16-18, 2008 Shanghai, China.
29. Liu, S., L. Li and W. Wang, Hardware-software co-design for geological image processing, Proceedings of International Conference on Communications, Circuits and Systems, Gulin, China, June 2006.
30. Liu, S., L. Li. and W. Wang, Efficient platform for geological image processing,¡± Proceedings of IEEE Midwest Circuit and System Symposium, August 2006.
31. Ustin, S. L., S. Jacquemoud, A. Palacios-Orueta L. Li, and M. L. Whiting, Remote sensing based assessment of biophysical indicators for land degradation and desertification, in Proceedings of Remote Sensing and Geoinformation Processing in the Assessment and Monitoring of Land Degradation and Desertification (edited by J. Hill and A. Roeder, Taylor & Francis), 7-9. Sept., 2005, Trier, Germany.
32. Whiting, M. L, A. Palacios-Orueta, L. Li, and S. L. Ustin, Light absorption model for water content to improve soil mineral estimates in hyperspectral imagery, In Proceedings of Pecora 16-Global Priorities in Land Remote Sensing (edited by J. W. Merchant, American Society of Photogrammetry & Remote Sensing), 23-27, Oct., 2005, Sioux Falls, South Dakota, USA.
33. Ustin, S. L., M. C. Lay, and L. Li, Remote sensing of wetland conditions in West Cost salt marsh, In Proceedings of SPIE 49th Annual Meeting, 2-6, August, 2004, Denver, Colorado, USA.
34. Whiting, M. L., L. Liand S. L. Ustin, Estimating surface soil moisture in simulated AVIRIS spectra, in Proceedings of 2002 AVIRIS Workshop, JPL, Pasadena, CA, 25 ¨C 28, Feb., 2002.
35. Li, L. and J. F. Mustard, Non-diffusive lateral transport on the Moon: The importance of high velocity ejecta, in Proceedings of the 1st International Symposium of Digital Earth, Beijing, China, Nov.29-Dec.2, pp. 504-509, 1999a.
36. Li, L., S. D. Lin, H. D. Guo, and Q. Z. Lin, Applying radar imagery to gold exploration in Altai area, Northwestern China, Proceedings of the 13th Asian conference on Remote Sensing, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Oct. 7-11, pp. I 2.1-I 2.6, 1992.
37. Dong, P. L., L. Li and H. D. Guo, An approach of geographic information system toolkit for gold exploration in Haqia area China, in Proceedings of the Eighth Thematic Conference on Geological Remote Sensing, Denver, Colorado, USA, Apr. 29-May 2, pp. 863-871, 1991.
38. Guo H. D., S. D. Lin, L. Li, Y. Shao and N. H. Li, Using SPOT and airborne radar imagery for gold exploration in Qiaben, Northern Xinjiang, China, in Proceedings of "Remote Sensing: An Operational Technology for the Mining and Petroleum Industries", London, UK, Oct. 29-31, pp. 205-212, 1990.
39. Li, L., Applied IHS transformation to SPOT imagery for extracting gold-bearing geological alteration (Chinese), in Proceedings of Methodologies and Operations of Geological Remote Sensing in Mineral Exploration, edited by Guo et al., Science Press, Beijing, pp. 29-36, 1995.
40. Li, L., C. G. Zhu, and S. K. Zhang, Remote sensing image processing for mineral exploration, in Geological Remote Sensing for Mineral Exploration in Northern Xinjiang, edited by H. D. Guo et al., Science Press, Beijing, Chapter 3, pp. 26-45, 1995.
41. Lin, S. D., H. D. Guo and L. Li, Remote sensing studies on geological characteristics of gold deposits in Qiaben area, Northern Xinjiang, China, in Proceedings of Methodologies and Operations of Geological Remote Sensing in Mineral Exploration, edited by H. D. Guo, Science Press, Beijing, pp. 165-172, 1995.
42. Li, L., Applying radar imagery to geological interpretation of Qiaben gold mine district, Northwestern China, in Proceedings of Radar Analysis and Geological Application, edited by H. D. Guo et al., Science Press, Beijing, pp. 108-115, 1992.
1. Li, L., D. L. Pascual, L. P. Tedesco, K. L. Randolph, R. E. Sengpiel, B. E. Hall, J. S. Wilson, Developing a survey tool for the rapid assessment of blue-green algae in central Indiana¡¯s reservoirs, CEES Publication, 2006-01, Indianapolis, IN, 55 p.